Terms & Conditions
1.1 By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
1.2.1 The Competition is free to enter.
1.2.2 The Open competition is open to all members of the public.
1.3 Entries must be submitted by February 1st, 2023 – 17.00 CEST.
- To enter, you must upload your image via the email address provided and include your name, date of birth, phone number and email.
2.1 Images must be taken by you and entries should be based on the theme outlined, information on which can be found on the Website.
2.2 Images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. Images should be JPEG files. All images must be saved in the sRGB colour model.
3.1 Entries will be chosen between February 2nd, 2023 and February 5th, 2023.
3.2 A shortlist of up to fifty (50) photographers will be selected and notified via email on February 6th 2023. You will need to reply to our email and confirm you will be exhibiting by February 7th 2023.
3.3 Each Entrant can submit up to five images for free. Judging will be based on the single image and not the series of images.
4.1 RedCat Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
4.1.2 You have the right to make Your Entry available to the Competition
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s)
4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous-, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, including:
126.96.36.199 trademarks owned by third parties
188.8.131.52 copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions)
184.108.40.206 names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
4.1.7 Entries which contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service.
4.1.8 Entries containing screen credits
4.1.9 No animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of the image
4.2 You agree to fully indemnify RedCat Media in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
4.3 You confirm that you are the person depicted in the image. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
4.4 In accordance with clause 3.2 and 3.3 all shortlisted and winning photographers will be contacted by email. If RedCat Media does not hear from the entrant by the date specified in any correspondence and is therefore not able to ratify the entry that entrant will be disqualified and replaced by another photographer.
5.1 If you are under 18, you have Your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the Competition.
5.2 If you are chosen to exhibit you will need to provide a valid signed parental or legal guardian consent form.
6.1 RedCat Media recognises You, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
6.2 All Entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by RedCat Media and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of You the author and the event only, for a maximum of three years after the announcement in February 2023. You hereby grant RedCat Media a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and the Alicante photography competition.
6.3 All Entrants understand that the image information, including image name and description, may be shared with Event partners and media as per clause 6.1, 6.2 and 7. For the avoidance of doubt the “image information” does not include any personal information of You the author.
6.3.1 Should entrants elect to opt-in to sharing data, the email data and name will be shared with our event partners.
- Any photograph used by RedCat Media shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as RedCat Media uses its reasonable endeavours to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of notice of such failure.
- RedCat Media assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, and RedCat Media assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Competition. RedCat Media assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries. RedCat Media is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to RedCat Media on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, RedCat Media assumes no responsibility.
- In no event will RedCat Media , its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Event Partners, its advertising or promotion agencies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any Entrant’s access to and use of the Website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is”without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
- You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
- All Entrants must be able to print and display their work at the exhibition on February 10th 2023.
- There are no cash alternatives available for prize winners.
12.1 It is the winner’s responsibility to pay any income taxes related to the prize in compliance with their own country’s law. In such cases the Winner agrees to indemnify and keep RedCat Media, its parents, affiliates or partners indemnified against any tax liability, charges, fines, penalties or interest or any other liability incurred by the winner which liability arose as a result of prizes provided to the Winner.
- Winners will be determined by the number of votes accumulated during the exhibition event on February 10th 2023 between 2pm and 7pm and the winner will be announced at the exhibition event on February 10th at 7pm CEST.